Do not index
Do not index
This is just a quick post that summarizes what I use to build my products. This also serves as a reminder for me of the apps that I use on almost all of my products.
- PHP – usually my go-to. I don’t particularly like frameworks (I absolutely hate Laravel), nor I like OOP.
- Bulma – a simple CSS framework. I can’t stress enough how good this is. It lets me build things faaast. I love it.
- DigitalOcean – for servers. They are very good and I’m in the process of migrating everything there. They have a feature that allows you to scale (down or up) your VM quickly. For fun products and projects, I use the much cheaper scaleway.com
- Git – for version control
- RollBar – for error tracking (cheap solutions include Zabbix and/or Greylog)
- CloudFlare – for dos protection
- Hyperping – to monitor the health of my sites (ping) but also cron management
- Sqreen – for web security
- Namecheap – for domain names
- Stripe – to collect payments. I would like to use Paypal, but their API sucks.
- tawk.to – It’s a simple in-app chat but I like this tool a lot. Seeing people coming and browsing your website is incomparable.
- Hotjar and Google Analytics – for insights
- Trello – for public roadmaps and user feedback
- Headway – for changelogs
- Xolo – for accounting
- Profitwell – I build things in the open and this tool helps me calculating my MRR, plus I use it for dunning emails
- Rebrandly – link shortening
- Logodust – for easy copy & paste logos (no need to overcomplicate things, especially in the beginning)
- Canva – for graphics
- Iubenda – for legal services, privacy and cookie policies
- GetMagic – for VAs
Thanks for reading.